Thursday, October 9, 2008

Babe Stuff...

It's true, this post will mainly be about the babe. So if that's not your cup of tea, don't worry, I won't be offended, just skip to the end for the survey (a fun one at that, too!) and be on your way. For the rest of you brave souls...enter in...

Okay, I'm at 19 weeks, and that means that the baby is currently the size of a mango. Ahem. I know this isn't that big, especially compared to how big it's going to get (don't remind me...), but still, this fact freaks me out. A MANGO. Seriously? Oh my...

In other news, I felt the babe move for the first time on Sunday! Yeah! I wasn't quite sure that's what it was, but honestly, this little fluttering felt like nothing I've ever felt before. It's like someone gently brushing your arm...that feeling, except inside your, well, belly. It's pretty weird, but in a good way. I was describing it to Britt and Hannah and Kris said, "Yeah, that's it! Fluttering is exactly what it is." Kris having been pregnant 7 times, I'll take her word. :) So that's pretty exciting. I haven't felt a full on kick or anything, and except for what I assume was a little somersault the other night, the babe's been laying low.

In non-related baby news, I made these cookies today. These are, no exaggeration, the best cookies in the entire universe. Cara blogged about them last year, and they've been a favorite around here ever since. It being fall (well...), it was time to bust them out. You know they're good because the icing calls for 1 1/4 sticks of butter and 4 cups of powdered sugar, among other things. Oh my...

And finally, on to the survey! A week from today (hooray!) we have our big ultrasound and find out the sex of the babe! I'm so excited, oh man, oh man, oh man. Or, oh baby, oh baby, oh baby. Here's where you guys come in. What do you think we're having? Go ahead and leave a comment on this post. We'll of course post once we find out. And one lucky winner who guesses correctly will win a prize! Good luck!

15 comments:

Donna said...

Boy!

Lisa said...

OK, no fun "facts" to help us figure things out? We just have to randomly guess?

Ummm... well I know you said you didn't have much morning sickness so I'm going to say boy.

However, if you have a girl that will be really exciting because then we can continue the trickle down clothes sharing.

Carrie said...

How awesome you felt the baby, Morgan. That is so exciting!
I think a girl :)

I'm so excited for you guys to find out though!!!!!
Your picture is hilarious--looking at the mango, ha ha.

Brittney Harmon said...

I say girl. I can only imagine you guys having a girl for some reason... call me strange. Your mama seems excited :o)

Anissa Nishira said...

hmm..only one of us wins a prize? there are only 2 choices so i imagine more than one of us will be right.

but I said girl when I was talking about you the other day, so I'm going to say that you're having a little lady! :)

Kyle Ray said...

I haven't read anything yet, but I am glad to find you blogging.

Kirstin said...

First of all, I love the picture of you looking at the mango--"This is what is inside me?"--seems to be the question you are asking on your face. and it is hilarious. Second, I am going to say boy because we need to get some more of them in this family! :)

cara lou said...

Boy! Though really I do imagine you with a girl. So I think girl, but I'm going to say boy. I know, doesn't make any sense!

Feeling the baby move is the best! It's just going to get even better. Yay!

Please send me 3 of those cookies. I daren't make a whole batch myself. Otherwise I will eat all of them. Myself. In one day.

Anonymous said...

I vote for a mango.
~Parker

Kevin and Keri Sheckler said...

Oh, don't find out!

This is a very biased point of view and for many not practical but allows for focus on the baby and nothing else. You don't begin to dream about colours, clothes, futures...you simply enjoy the today of your CHILD! The movements, the size, the wonderment of the baby's hands, feet, face, bellybutton.

Continue to enjoy the awesomeness of God's handiwork within you.

Anonymous said...

um, a girl?!
I can't wait to find out!!
xoxo
Brittanymae

Whitney @ The Sweetest Things said...

i vote girl!!!!

i am so excited... can't wait to hear the news :)

sorry we didn't make it last night, but we definitely want to come over soon to hang out with you guys!!

Ruth said...

I guess girl. =)

And yes, it' so exciting that you're feeling the baby move!!! There's nothing like it!

I hope you make the announcement right away - I'm going to be thinking about you guys all day! Aaaah!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the baby girl Morgan! So exciting!

Unknown said...

Tucked away in this blog, oversited by the excitement of the gender of the babe, was a nod to a cookie. I tried the suggested baked item and now it is my all time most favoritist fall cookie! The frosting alone...oh goodness! Thanks for the recipe!