Thursday, October 16, 2008

TWINS?!?!?!?!?!

Ha ha. Just kidding.

We had the big ultrasound today, and without further adieu...we're having a girl! We are very excited and love that we no longer have to call her 'it'. Everything from my blood work was normal, and everything they checked on the ultrasound was good as well. That was such a relief, because it's really scary thinking about all the things that could happen. I often found myself praying and giving over these fears to God. And He is so faithful to give peace.

So here's a semi-blurry profile shot. She seemed to be facing my spine, so they couldn't get any straight on shots, and she kept putting her hands and arms in front of her face. She apparently didn't want to be bothered, but she's going to have to get used to having her photo taken in this family. :) It's crazy how fast these ultrasound techs wiz around measuring everything. He kept pointing out things and Jon and I would just cock our heads to one side and say, "Sure..." I don't understand how they see what they see.


Baby Foot

So thanks everyone for your prayers this past week, but you can obviously keep them up for this little one. :) She'll take all she can get. She! It's so great knowing. (Yes, I understand there's a chance they were wrong, but we'll go with girl for now.) We also have a name picked out, but I don't really feel comfortable posting it online knowing soon they'll be ACTUAL photos of her and all. Better safe than sorry. So just call me or drop me a line and we'll let you know. Oh! And as for the winner, I'll draw a name and post on Monday. I'm outta town this weekend and need to relax! Have a great weekend yourselves!

7 comments:

Ruth said...

I am giddy with excitement here. Aaah! And calling you right now so I can hear my little cousin's name!!!

cara lou said...

Yay! How exciting. All those little girls are going to have so much fun together.

Can't wait to hear the name!!

Whitney @ The Sweetest Things said...

I cannot wait to hear what her name is :) i meant to ask you today on the phone but i was too excited...i forgot! i'm happy that everything came out normal and your beautiful little girl is healthy so far....how exciting...

kari mia way said...

I'm super-de-duper excited! And I have no idea why I typed that. the de-duper part is because I finally found your blog. (I kept forgetting to ask you what it was.

Love you!

Carrie said...

Yay for a baby girl!!! Thanks SO much for calling me, that meant a lot. I like the name too :) so cute!
Have a great and relaxful weekend.
Love you MJ!

Unknown said...

Yeah for a healthy baby & healthy mom! She has no idea....but will soon find out...what wonderful parents she has! Thanks for dropping me a line. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Morgan! I'm so excited for you and Jon! Your family will be in my prayers!