Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Secret Garden

Do you remember that movie? Man, that was a favorite of mine. Anyway, I now am owner of my own secret garden, which, while not hidden behind old ruins and filled to the brim with lovely trees and flowers, is just as wonderful and exciting.

Introducing, the Coulter Family Garden. (Official, eh? Oh, and click on the pics for close ups and descriptions.)





It's a lovely little space. I like to hang out there and just relax and sip tea and stare at the plants. Jon and I will start eating dinner out there once we get a little table. The garden's doing quite well so far, and the herbs and arugula have already been used in my kitchen. Wonderful. So, in around two months, we'll be sprouting veggies around here like it's nobodies business. How fun is a garden?!?!? SO.FUN.

I hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend celebrating our Risen Lord with friends and family, good food, and plenty of joy and thankfulness. We certainly enjoyed ourself over here. Even Sweet Adelaide had a good day.



Wishing you all a wonderful week!

8 comments:

Michael Shaw said...

That is a lovely little space. Fauf and I are starting our yard today. It should be an adventure. We'll share updates on Wednesday. Say hi to Ad for me. Oh--and Papa Jon.

Brittney Harmon said...

I used to watch that movie almost every day (well we had it recorded, and we only caught half of it, so it was actually pretty short. But I loved it!)... haha. I would love to have a little garden of my own, but the growing season is so short here that it's quite a challenge to grow veggies. I love the looks of your little retreat :o) I'm sure it will be quite tasty in a couple months!!

cara lou said...

Nice!!! The garden is looking great! It's so exciting, isn't it? I loooove our garden. Just need more herbs -- all my seedlings died. Twice. Guess I'll just get some plants from the nursery. :)

Have fun!

Anonymous said...

I remember that movie too. Now which version did you watch? We used to watch the old classic with Margaret O'Brian and also the one that came out in the 90s. Anyways, excited to see your secret garden and your smiling babe! Do you think you could ask her to smile for me at my bday breakfast on Sat? It could be her little present to me! haha

Farah

Carrie said...

Your garden looks great, Morgan! How fun. I can't wait to start mine. Have to wait a little longer so there is no frost here. :) The picture of Adelaide smiling is sooo precious!!!

We just bought tickets to come to CA!! Unfortunately Tom won't be able to come to SM, but I will! He's leaving earlier than I am. Can't wait to see you guys!

Brittany Mae said...

Your garden is pretty amazing... I enjoyed the chocolate mint that was in the amazing homemade lemonade you made:)
And I'm so happy that Adelaide finally decided to let Aunt Brittany see her smile!

Anonymous said...

Are some of those planters old bourbon barrels? They're really nice. I hope they're bourbon barrels. Little Adelaide is looking very Morgan/John these days. Very Johgan. (Morohn doesn't work as well) Sorry, it's late. I love you guys and your veggies.

Coltrane said...

Our cute little garden, and precious little Adelaide. Two amazing things we have been blessed with, but the biggest blessing of all that God has given me is to have you as my wife. I love you baby. :)