This week, we start off with a book. Surprise, surprise. Even more of a shocker? It's a book about travel.

Introducing Lonely Planet's California Trips. It's been at our Costco for awhile now, and Jon and I decided to finally take the plunge and spend the whole $12.47 to check it out. Oh, and we are so glad we did. At first, I laughed. A travel book for just California? Then my brain kicked in and I realized that CA is bigger than most European countries. Heck, most countries for that. A guide to help us navigate it is certainly in order.
This book is wonderfully organized. It's filled with 68 roadtrips, designed around themes. And I tell you, whatever it is you like, CA's got it. My favorite trips I've read about so far? A Burrito Odyssey, It's a Small World: Ethnic Food Tour, Pick It Yourself Tour (Can you guys tell I like to eat?), The Mission Trail, Apples & Antiques in Sebastopol...oh, there's so many more. And it's wonderfully well organized. Each trip gives you a time guideline, total miles, ideal time to go, and then it links you up with other trips that visit the same areas. Honestly, it's genius.
So, I've done my research for when we head to Kirst's graduation next week (Hooray Kirst, we're so proud of you!) in San Diego. I know where the best burrito shop is, and a 50's diner that serves a marshmallow, peanut butter and banana Elvis Milk Shake.
The best $12.47 I've spent in a long while.

8 comments:
wow... it does sound interesting! although Danny would only be interested in the destinations where ocean is involved. I think you should also do a weekly "top 5" on your blog as well.
Ummm you mind sharing where that burrito and milkshake are? Because we'd like to stop too!
Where is this burrito place? I would like to know for I have been to so many that are amazing and I wonder what Lonely Planet says. Can't wait to see you!!
El Zarape has good seafood burritos, and then Lolita's Taco Shop is known for it's 'California Burrito'. Also in the book is the lobster BLT at C-Level Lounge that "is so good you'd step on your mother's face to get to it." That may be the greatest thing I've ever read in a guide book. Hash House A Go-Go has killer breakfasts, and the milkshake is at Corvette Diner. We may have to cordinate some meals out, eh?
And Brittney, there's a 'Best of the Beaches' tour. :)
Okay, Oprah!
I'm pretty sure I need to go get this book! It's so amazing!
I love this. I cant wait to travel through Cali to see YOU!! of course I'm having car issues right now...but when am I not having some crisis or another? boo. oh well. I love you and will see you soon Lord Willing!
We need a new Friday update!
Post a Comment