I recently stumbled across this old post on Soule Mama and it made me smile. I love the creative spirit and I hope that it's something I inspire in the babe once she's old enough. It also made me think about what I've been making. I would say nothing, but looking back, I've actually been quite productive!
For Michael's birthday, Farah had everyone bring t-shirts. But Jon and I decided to get creative and make one instead. And what's a better theme than Heroes? Exactely. Nothing.
For Michael's birthday, Farah had everyone bring t-shirts. But Jon and I decided to get creative and make one instead. And what's a better theme than Heroes? Exactely. Nothing.
And Carrie guessed correctly I was having a girl and so won the prize there. I made one of the cute Artsy Clutch's from Bend-the-Rules Sewing. I love this pattern, it's so simple and allows for personality to shine. Granted, the babe is stealing my brain cells and it took me forever to remember how to piece it together properly. I was really frusterated and almost broke down crying. I can't wait until I have my brain back. :)
I FINALLY started something for the babe! I have so many ideas of things I want to make her. It almost overwhelmes me, but I decided to start small and work on something that could transfer over to tv watching time and allows me to lounge on the couch.
As for that blanket...well, it's still sitting on my floor, waiting to be assembled. I need some serious motivation on this because it's just sewing up seams which is SUPER BORING. Can someone please send me an elf? Thanks.
I suppose the most important making I've done lately is the babe herself. And let me tell you, she's quite the mover and kicker. Jon FINALLY felt her kick for the 1st time on Sunday and it was so fun! He was so excited, it was adorable. Ever since then she's decided to have a dance party on a daily basis. Maybe it's all the HSM3 soundtrack listening I've been doing? Hmmmm...
Thanks for making the babe so happy, Zac.And finally, a food making. But this was all Brittany, not me. This was her favorite food from her Japan trip, Okonomiyaki, and she was nice enough to make us all some on Monday for Heroes. Ummm, yum. Now, I love different kinds of Japanese food, but this is probably my favorite. It's sooooo good. Thanks again, Britt, you're the best!
You know you want some.
So, what are you guys making?


8 comments:
Oh man, I've been making a lot of stuff recently. First off, food. Been baking and cooking quite a bit. This week was whole wheat bread, banana choc chip muffins, lentil soup, pumpkin choc chip cookies (delicious!!), more bread, and some casseroles. Secondly, I started crocheting some baby hats, oh they are sooo cute I can't even stand it. Does your little girl want a hat, Morgan? :)
Third, thank you notes...they are coming just slowly. Expect one in the mail after Thanksgiving.
That's what I've been up to. What are you making for your little one?
I might just steal (I'm really good at that) your idea and do a similar post on my blog. It's been a creative Oct/Nov at the Harmon house! A couple things are presents though, so it might have to wait until after thanksgiving.
I love all of your makings!
Amen on the loss of brain cells... oh, and I don't think they come back either.
I want that shirt so bad!! I told Stephen and he was like 'Can I have one?!?!' I guess that just brings out all the heros geek in me:) And I'm glad the baby likes HSM3 and Zach I guess when I watch her we'll have to watch the movies together:)
I made potato soup before the Coldplay concert last night!! It was so awesome...both the concert AND the soup! I also made cream cheese brownies last wednesday! So apparently I make alot of food. I've also been making disciples; my girls are doing pretty awesome! Well there was lots of crying last week at team which is usually a good thing with girls! :) I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!! Lots of love to you, Jon & Baby girl!
hi, thanks so much for stopping by! And yay, I'm glad you're doing our scarf swap! :) I think it'll be so much fun.
Congrats on having a little girl... that is so exciting. We are getting ready to have our THIRD girl. And we're just as excited as ever! hehe
Morgan,
if i knew how to sew I would totally come over and be your elf... i mean hey, I'm short enough! and willing to be your little slave :) ha the little sweater is going to be so cute. I can't wait to see all the other things your making for the baby!
Hey Morgan! I love your blog; about the brain cell lack during pregnancy- ....they don't come back. Or perhaps they do but you become so busy that you're too busy to acknowledge their exitance. :)! I can't believe I have only seen your beautiful growing baby belly on here! I want to see your little baby girl and give her a little gift. Also, I'm going to make that Japanese dish tonight. I hope it's good!!!
Yey for little girls!!! They're the best! Well, little boys are super awesome too, but I've yet to have one of those :)
I feel you with the fuzzy pregnant brain. With Cadi they told me it would go away once I was done nursing, but I got pregnant again before then, so I haven't had a coherent thought since 2006! :)
Post a Comment