Sunday, November 2, 2008

Reformation Day and the Start of a Roadtrip...

Greetings to all from lovely Tennessee! On Friday night the Shaw's hosted a lovely People of Power Halloween Party where fun was certainly had by all.
Brad and Angelina, eat your heart out...

"I don't know, do I? Pew, pew, pew!"

Cutest.Battery.Ever. The PG workers know what they're doing.

These guys aren't afraid to throw Beckham out.

The next morning (Happy Birthday Michael!) we set off for Tennessee for the week. We had a long day of flights but they went extremely well and we arrived in Memphis. We automatically headed for food, which was of course a suggestion from Feasting on Asphault. Jim Neely's Interstate BBQ. Ummm, yum.
Me and the babe are fat and happy.

We got the sampler and I must say, this food rocks. The baked beans (sorry Michael) were the best ever, and the sausage links? Ummm, double yum.
Enjoying the food.

Proof we enjoyed the food.

After food we met up with Clay, and met his lovely lady Jacquline and hung out with the family. Today we went to church then headed for the National Civil Rights Museum. It was amazing. We didn't have nearly enough time there. It's so sad to see what our country considered acceptable as recently as 40 years ago. And not even acceptable, but as a noble goal to live up to. It's bizarre to see signs asking, "Did you do your part to aid segregation today?" that used to hang everywhere. It makes you wonder what we're doing now that will just disgust us in 30 years. I'm so glad we got to go here and learn about the great men and women of our country that have fought over the centuries to make this country a better place. Martin Luther King, Jr. was so amazing, it's sad to see the actual spot where he took his last breath. Even though he died too soon by my standards, God has a plan, and King's fight still speaks today.

Tomorrow we're headed off to the east for more adventures. Hope you're all having a great time where ever you may be.

9 comments:

Lisa said...

All that food sounds like a pregnant woman's dream :)

Ruth said...

I love your costumes!! That picture of you two is really too much. You guys are the best!!! I'm glad you had a good time. =D

And wow, do you look pregnant now!!! What in the world???

I hope you have a wonderful week!! Can't wait to hear about the rest.

Carrie said...

Yay another road trip, how exciting!! Awesome you are seeing history! :) Oh! I got my little present in the mail last week. Thank you SOOO much for it! It's a cute little thing and i like it even more cause I know you made it. :)
That baby of yours sure has popped out recently!
Love you guys and have an amazing time.

Michael said...

So I have to say I love the Michael Shaw representation here. Its a good thing.

Sad thought- MLK's last breath

Funny thought-I thought it said bath. I was thinking what the heck is up with that!?

Kirstin said...

Oh baby bump! Yay! Say hi to Clay for me! And say hi to Jon too. This has to do with a previous post, but where and when is Les Mis?!?! I would go see it again!

Anissa Nishira said...

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats all I've got today. hope your road trip is fun!

Anonymous said...

I feel like you guys are living Elizabethtown! haha Hope your trip is great
Fauf

Brittany Mae said...

love the post, I miss you!
Can't wait to hang out with you on monday:)

Rosebud Organics said...

You are such a cute pregnant Mama!!! :)
We were in Memphis this past Summer and got to go to the Lorraine Motel as well. It was an intense experience for us too.
Hugs to Juan! ;)