Monday, March 2, 2009

Due Date #1 +1

March 1. The official due date. It came and went, as I assumed it would. I'm doing good...tired, sore, and cranky at the end of the night :), but doing good beyond that. I meant to post yesterday, but the day just got away from me. So here's my Happy Due Date post. And what better than pictures of the babe's room!


Forgive the awfulness of me in this picture. This picture is proof I should at least attempt to do my hair. Anyway, this is the basic jist of her room. I.LOVE.IT. Which is good because I'm pretty sure she's not going to remember it at all. We have a slight theme going...Narnia. I figured that was gender-neutral, fun, and can grow with age. And I just loooooove Narnia, they're such fun stories.


(How cute is Jon as a baby?) Here we have our Aslan, and a unicorn that I actually stole at a White Elephant. Isn't it amazing? I also have a stuffed dragon somewhere that needs to reveal itself, because honestly, what's a Narnia room without a dragon?


A place where I assume I'll be sitting a lot. Nice and comfy with my favorite blanket and books to read.


And a close up on the curtains, with what may be my favorite fabric ever.


Oh, these pictures? I thought you'd ask. Aren't they amazing? They were my great grandma's, and I love them so much. My mom just brought them down and they're so perfect. Granted, they aren't Narnia, but they're 'Jon and Morgan'. These are my two favorite.

So, there's the room. Soon, it will be occupied by a sweet one that will change our lives forever. We can't wait!

8 comments:

Carrie said...

I LOVE the room, Morgan!!! So cute, cozy, comfy and fun :-) I like the theme too, good idea keeping it gender neutral for future kids. I hope your little girl comes soon so I can meet her!

Andrea said...

I love her room and I can't wait to see pictures of her! Reading your post reminded me about how fun those last days are ;) That's so cool that you are doing cloth diapers! I started looking into them when we had Micah but I got overwhelmed with all of the different types! I will have to check out the bum genius ones.

Brittney Harmon said...

Love the Narnia theme! I'll be praying for a quick and easy labor for you... you've got to be soo excited!

Ruth said...

Oh Morgan, it looks great!!! I love that fabric also - what a find! Great job!

I'm thinking about and praying for you every day!! Adi, the world is ready for you! Come out so we can meet you! We can't WAIT. =)

Lisa said...

Yay! I can't wait till she's here. I saw that fabric at one of our local fabric stores except it was made into a really sweet looking robe that was lined with terri-cloth. I've been wanting to make it ever since because of the fabric.

Brittany Mae said...

I can't wait for the baby to come! She's a pretty special little girl to have such an amazing room:)

Anissa Nishira said...

I love you, the baby room, you, your baby, you, your fantastic husband, oh and did I mention I LOVE YOU MJ?! Can't wait to hug you this summer!!

cara lou said...

Cute room! And those curtains are amazing. Yikes. Love that fabric.

We can't wait to meet your sweet little pea. Hoping for a quick, easy delivery!

xoxo