Do you guys remember Summer Book Clubs at your local library? Mine always had this huge list of books to read and prizes for how far you got. I enjoyed that. I think they should have that for adults as well. A free Starbucks for every 10 books you read? Anway, I know it's not quite summer yet, but with stinkin' 90+ degree weather, it might as well be. So, I've put together my list of books to read this summer. It is, as follows:
1. Drums of Autumn by Diane Gabaldon
2. The Fiery Cross by Diane Gabaldon
3. A Breath of Snow and Ashes by, surprise surprise, Diane Gabaldon
4. Little Women by Louise-May Alcott (Rumor has it, each one of us Coulter sisters corresponds to a sister pretty accurately. Excited to see.)
5. Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder
6. On the Banks of Plum Creek by Wilder
7. By the Shores of Silver Lake by Wilder
8. The Long Winter by Wilder
9. Little Town on the Prairie by Wilder
10. These Happy Golden Years by Wilder
11. The First Four Years by Wilder
12. Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver
13. Pigs in Heaven by Barbara Kingsolver
14. Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift (Reading the Classics Book Club Selection)
15. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (Another RTC book, one which I've already read, but will gladly read again. Who doesn't love the story of Darcy and Lizzie?)
Well, there you have it. Any other books I read must, MUST, be books I own, because I own a lot I haven't read (Stupid thrift stores and library with cheap interesting books.) Yes, that's a lot of books, but honestly, 7 are kids books, I'm halfway through the 1st one, and well, let's just put it this way...about 7 times a day I sit down for around 30 minutes with not a lot that I actually have to do. There you go. And sorry for the lack of pictures, but time is money people (okay, not my time...but somebodies...) and anyway, I've got some reading to do!
Okay, response time. What's on your summer reading list? (Oh, and who's buying me a Starbucks after I read 10 of these?)
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Excellent list, Morgan! And totally do-able, those Little House books go pretty quickly. I'm excited to read Pride and Prejudice again too, from a more analytical perspective. It's such a great story.
I was going to lend you Life of Pi when we see you next month - think you can squeeze it in??? I want someone to talk about it with!
If I can get through the first 15 books on my goodreads list this summer, I will be thrilled. And I will totally buy you a Starbucks when you get to 10 books... so get crackin! ;) Maybe in heaven God will reward us with Starbucks and Boba for reading books. I mean, talk about paradise! Hehe.
funny.
Michael, that may be the wierdest comment I could've imagined right here.
And people, did I not just say that I can ONLY read books I own? Do you see Ruth tempting me with other books. Jeez...
Why after 10 books? I would say after every 5 books a free Starbucks is desereved! :) And are you cheating by reading children's books that will take you a couple hours at the most? Hmmm...
Anyways, you reading Little Women has really got me into wanting to get my own copy! I love that book!
Oh goodness so many books! You've inspired me, I think I'm going to reread all of the little house books now! Oh and as for other books on my list, little men(which comes after little women) is near the top of my list! And if ruth buys you a drink after ten how about I buy you one after five? It'll be a good exuse to go out to Starbucks:)
Haha! I'm such a temptress.
So, if I bought you a copy would that qualify? Hehe. Just trying to think of a way around your little rule. ;)
You are inspiring! I want to make a list of books to read now. Maybe if I get done with 10 also we can treat each other to Starbucks! :)
Great list Morgan! I think I need to re-read all the Little House books now too. They are such good books and will bring back memories of when I lived in the country. Happy reading!
I used to love summer book lists at the library! I approve of your list. Although I do have to say that read Marie Claire's bookclub who just read Prodigal Summer--be warned, lots of sex. One book I'm interested in reading is Admission. It's a look into the Ivy League world. About an admissions officer for Princeton (I think). Sounded interesting....Do you plan to revisit the Forks, WA this year? :)
Fauf
Oh thanks Farah, I may have to rethink 'Prodigal Summer'. I just like Kingsolver's books and it was at the thrift store.
And a trip to Forks is always in the future somewhere...
I would love to buy you Starbucks if for no other reason than it would mean we could hang out face to face for the first time in... who knows how long. As far as your list goes: pretty awesome. I sometimes wish I had to breast-feed Sophi so I could have time to read.
I will get you some starbucks for all the reading you are doing...just remember to keep alternating from fiction to non fiction on the books you read. :) I will try to read a couple books this summer, but I am going to need your help to remind me and motivate me. I love you baby. :)
Post a Comment