I love Ruth and Eric for many reasons. They're kindred spirits, aye? We all love our Lord, traveling, books, and good food. Or maybe I should say great food. Eric's a 1st generation Italian that was raised on a farm, so let's just say that this guy knows what food is supposed to taste like. So, apparently he started researching ice creams, to see what's out there, what's good, and what's natural. The answer? Haagen-Dazs. It's a household name. And while I'm sure I've had some before, I never really sat down and tasted it..savored it. Now that I have, I'm pretty sure it's the best stuff on the planet. (Sorry, Snapple.) It's 100% all-natural and made with truly quality indgredients. You can taste the difference. Being high quality, it's not cheap, but there are deals here and there. (Trader Joes, I love you!) They have killer flavors like Vanilla Honey Bee, Creme Brulee, (that looks odd without the accents...) Rum Raisin, Green Tea, and my personal fav, Dulce de Leche. They have a new selection, "Five", so named because each ice cream is made from five simple indgredients: milk, cream, eggs, sugar, and the "flavor component." "Five" flavors include ginger, passion fruit, and brown sugar. And as if all that wasn't enough, they have their Reserve Label (what is this, wine?). I mean, come on, Fleur de Sel Carmel and Amazon Valley Chocolate? That's just too good to be true. And check out this, because each reserve flavor has a food and wine pairing. Ha! These Haagen-Dazs people know how to please the masses. Or me, at least.
So, as if the ice cream itself didn't induce you to try it, this might. It's time for another prize! Leave a comment, and on Monday I'll randomly pick a winner and buy them some Haagen-Daz, their flavor choice. If you live far away, we'll work this out somehow...good luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
It truly is the best!!!! And I am so excited to try some of the flavors you found! They have a store at our mall, too, next time you are out maybe we'll have to try it instead of the normal Coldstone's.
YUM.
Ohhh, I was just looking for a store, but there's nothing around here. We definitely have to go! Also, have you heard of Tevana? It's pretty amazing, and I'm sure there's one down by you guys...
I love Häagen-Dazs! I went there a few times when I lived in Munich- they made the waffle cones fresh every morning, and had a glass counter so you could watch and maybe get a sample. :)
Wow, those flavors sound amazing!! I've been in the mood/craving ice cream recently, I'm going to have to go and get some of that stuff. Yum yum!
This is indeed a delight. I have to say --gasp-- I do like Haagen-Dazs' Ice Cream... and it is part natural... part healthy-ish... Wow. Maybe this will be the key to my natural poop changing transformation. I'm just saying.
So I lied to you on the phone earlier--I just finished reading part seven, not part six. I have less than two hundred pages to go! I would love to go to Munich to try Haagen-Dazs--shall we? Maybe next weekend? :)
I'm free next weekend. The trip's on you, right?
haha you would post about this ice cream! But it is amazing:)
It's quite lovely, but alas, too expensive for the Shaw budget. What a true blessing it would be to win some free goodness. :;sigh:: If only the fates were so kind.....
We'll see Fauf, it's up to luck of the draw from the hand of Jon...winner to be announced soon.
And as for the expensive part, it's true, but there are deals. Right now, it's pretty much $2 at Albertson's. Deal I tell you.
Post a Comment