Enjoying the fall.Hey everyone! We're back from our amazing roadtrip. I said this after our summer trip, but seriously, America is beautiful. There's so much to see, experience, taste...and there's some really nice people out there. I definitely love the South and had fun getting in the middle of it. I have a ton of pics to sort through, but I hope to catch you all up soon enough. In the meantime, here's a little something that's near and dear to my heart.
I've been an avid reader of Soule Mama for quite sometime now. She just started this new blog, Mama to Mama and I'm seriously excited about this. It's a chance for moms to connect to other moms and help out those that are less fortunate than ourselves. So it's a chance for all us crafty ladies to take our art and use it for the good of others. Super exciting, right? And guess who her first project helps out? HAITI! So excited about this! Please go check out the website to get the details, but the first project is called 'Caps to Cap-Haitian' and involves making hats for infants in a place where the infant mortality rate is very high. It's a small way to help out and I'm very excited. So, all you crafty ladies I know (whether you're moms or not), let's get going!
And speaking of Haiti, please pray for them. Many people are still recovering from Hurricane Hanna (Cap-Haitian was hit especially hard). And recently a school in Petionville (about 6 miles from the BHM) collapsed. 90 have been found dead, and there are still people missing. They actually called the mission and all the men went to help out. Chris sent out an e-mail talking about how hard it was: "Pray with us for the grieving families. Names of those found alive are read off periodically. Others are still waiting and hoping. From what I saw there will only be a few that are still alive. It seems like we are going from one problem to the other here in Haiti. Pray for those that are still suffering from the hurricanes. There are still many that are living in shelters or with other families because they have no home to go back to." Many people are grieving and looking for hope right now. Unfortunately, most of them don't know they can find that in Christ.
I've been an avid reader of Soule Mama for quite sometime now. She just started this new blog, Mama to Mama and I'm seriously excited about this. It's a chance for moms to connect to other moms and help out those that are less fortunate than ourselves. So it's a chance for all us crafty ladies to take our art and use it for the good of others. Super exciting, right? And guess who her first project helps out? HAITI! So excited about this! Please go check out the website to get the details, but the first project is called 'Caps to Cap-Haitian' and involves making hats for infants in a place where the infant mortality rate is very high. It's a small way to help out and I'm very excited. So, all you crafty ladies I know (whether you're moms or not), let's get going!
And speaking of Haiti, please pray for them. Many people are still recovering from Hurricane Hanna (Cap-Haitian was hit especially hard). And recently a school in Petionville (about 6 miles from the BHM) collapsed. 90 have been found dead, and there are still people missing. They actually called the mission and all the men went to help out. Chris sent out an e-mail talking about how hard it was: "Pray with us for the grieving families. Names of those found alive are read off periodically. Others are still waiting and hoping. From what I saw there will only be a few that are still alive. It seems like we are going from one problem to the other here in Haiti. Pray for those that are still suffering from the hurricanes. There are still many that are living in shelters or with other families because they have no home to go back to." Many people are grieving and looking for hope right now. Unfortunately, most of them don't know they can find that in Christ.

3 comments:
Yay, you're back! I was needing a dose of Morgan Jane. I'm glad you had a wonderful trip! And I am so sad for Haiti right now. I would love to knit up a tiny little newborn hat.
*runs off to see if I have any cotton yarn*
Totally want to make little hats for newborns in Haiti!! My mom is already doing something like this but I don't think it's for Haiti, maybe she'll do both now. :)
So sad about the school... I am glad the BHM men were able to help. It sounds like it was a God thing that they were there. So much tragedy in that country.
Glad that you had a great time on your roadtrip! Looking forward to more pics.
Yeah! Another excuse to make darling baby caps. Thanks for the heads up - no pun intended cuz I'm not that smart!
Glad you are back!
Post a Comment