Well, it's officially Christmas time. It's past Thanksgiving, it's December, and rumor on the street is that Parker even called it. So yes, it's Christmas.
So, now that we're in the holiday season...how the heck did we get here? Did the year fly by for anyone else or was that just me. I can't believe it's December. Oy.
My goal this year is for Jon and I to do something holiday-ish every day leading up to Christmas. Yesterday we started off with a bang and went to the mall where they have the Festival of Trees. Now people, this is something that's actually cool at our mall. I know, shocker. Anyway, various business and groups from around town put together decorated Christmas Trees with gifts galore and you can buy raffle tickets to win them. One tree has a huge flat screen, and another has a laptop, Wii, and Playstation 360. There are about 25 or 30 trees there with every theme imaginable. Yeah, totally sweet gifts for $1 tickets. It's so fun to see all the decorations and imagine winning some totally awesome prizes. It's on until Decmember 13th, so go check it out!
Tonight I have a fun surpise planned for Jon and I for Christmas goodness, but more on that later. We actually did the same thing last year, so I think it'll be the start to the Christmas season each year. Technically, we should've done that yesterday, but we had Heroes, and that took priority. :)
Yesterday as I was praying during my quiet time God was laying thankfullness on my heart. We have so much to be thankful for and I think I tend to ignore it, or just take it for granted. I don't want to be an ungrateful person, so I decided a Holiday Thankfullness Jar would do the trick. Every night, Jon and I are writing down something we're thankful for, and dropping it in the jar. Then, on Christmas we'll read them all and be able to look back on all God has blessed us with. I'm pretty excited about this, and definitely see it becoming part of our Christmas Tradition.
So, with that in mind, two questions?
1: What holiday traditions do you and your loved ones have to celebrate the season?
2: What are you thankful for?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
sounds fun, morgan!
Thankful ~ for my beautiful family, and a roof over my head, and for a bed to sleep in. I'm also thankful for the little parasite in my body that makes me feel oh so sick... It just keeps reminding me that God is good (however backwards that might seem), and also how much I take my health for granted.
I love your idea of the thankfulness jar! I think I'm going to have to steal it =)
One family tradition that we have always done is getting our christmas tree. The first day after thanksgiving that we all have available we go out to the middle of nowhere and cut down a tree. It is tons of fun and makes it feel like the christmas is upon us.
Having just had little Bella. I am thankful that she is here and is doing great. We love her to pieces.
Traditions..
Well I posted about two of them, lasagna and pjs, on my blog...well the night before christmas all the kids sleep in the same room(usually hannahs) then we have random traditions on Christmas morning, like everyone has a certian seat for gift opening and when we come down on Christmas morning all of our stocking our on are seats(as by Christmas morning santa has stuffed them so full they don't hang anymore:)) And each kid buys gifts for each family member so then one at a time on Christmas morning(going youngest to oldest) we give our gifts to the family, and then at the end we do gifts from mom and dad and Santa of course:) haha okay this comment is getting really long so I'll stop with the traditions there.
As for what I'm thankful for?
Family, Friends, Disneyland(only a week and a half till I go!!), monday hang outs with the girls and then monday nights at your house and my cat Bellatrix:)
Listening to favorite Christmas music while decorating on Dec. 1 is my tradition.
I'm thankful for my family and my home.
This is a great blog morgan! I love the thankful Jar. Thats pretty cool. My family has a tradition that is kind of funny. we all get a musical instrument(even if you dont play lol) and we sing christmas carols. Its hilarious! just thought I would share ;0)
You are so creative Morgan Jane!! :) I really like the idea of a thankful jar. I might just steal that idea too!
Miss you lots!
Thankful for God's mercies.
We have a birthday party for Jesus...cake and all.
ok... so we just started watching heros. I have to say it fits into my scifi expectations (I'm a total TREKie). So yeah, now I'll get it when you mention something about it in your blog... haha
Not sure about traditions, except that my Dad always makes french toast for Xmas breakfast! But I am super thankful for my friends and Gods mercy that has been lavished on me! Its good to feel the nearness of God these days!
And I'm thankful for all the new babies God is giving! I love it!
Post a Comment