Saturday, June 13, 2009

Friday Favorites: Pie

Oh my, I LOOOOOOVE pie. Well, cobbler's my favorite. But pretty much any baked fruit good with a wonderful dough with it, and I'm set. And there's so much variety. Cream pies like Coconut, Blueberry, Chocolate; fluffy meringue pies with tart lemon. Our favorite seasonal pie, Pumpkin. And the fruit pies. Oh, the fruit pies. Strawberry Rhubarb, Apple Crumble, Blueberry, PEACH. Serious business indeed. In the summer, there's baked goods galore at our place...come on over anytime for some pure goodness.

Well, here's where it gets good for you. Yup, Pie Month has come to Marie Callendars. For a mere $6.99, you can get a pie of your choice (excluding cheesecake and fresh fruit pies, bah). It's truly a deal. Our favorites? Chocolate Satin (mouse-like with a cookie crumble crust), Razzleberry (the combo of this flaky crust and the berries is divine) and Double Cream Lemon (the love child of cheesecake and lemon meringue). So head over there and get youself some wonderful summer goodness. And then, when Pie Month is finished, head out to Farmer's Market and make one yourself. There's something about a homemade pie that's outta this world. Enjoy the weekend, and your pie!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We got a bunch, and I mean a BUNCH of stone fruit in our produce box this week. I'm thinking a cobbler of some sort is in order...

Morgan Jane said...

Peach Cobbler is my favorite food on the planet.

Michael said...

I thought if I left a comment I might win a pie. I mean, Farah is going out of town this week. Mike will be here and he'll wonder if he earned a pie. ???

Kirstin said...

I agree with Michael if I leave a sweet and delicious comment do I get a pie? Or maybe one of those cobblers you were talking about? Wait, didn't I get both just this weekend? Yes but that doesn't mean I should not hope for a chance to win big!

Anonymous said...

ya know, I am not a pie person. I never choose pie, even at Thanksgiving or 4th of July. The only think I like that's remotely like pie, is cheese cake

Fauf