Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Travel Plans


A trip to New York City needs to spring into action, because this girl is obviously ready for the Subway.

So, while we're speaking of travels, what are your summer plans? It seems this is the year for adventure. Amy's in Rhwanda as we speak (as I write?), Britt and Hannah are headed to Haiti again. Michael and Farah are going to, wait for it, ROME! And my dear friend Emmani is crossing the States and playing shows. And seriously, check out this blog of his, I laughed so hard.


Jon and I are headed with his fam to the Grand Canyon very soon indeed. I've been there 3 times, but combine all the time I've spent there and it's less than 24 hours. Quick trips. It'll be nice to chill there awhile. (Anyone out there remember the Epic Adventure of the Secret Valentines Day Road Trip back at CBU? Good times.)

Then, later we're headed up to Mammoth with ALL of Jon's family and my mom, plus 3 or 4 other families. It's a tradition that dates back to Jon's grandma and her sorority sisters. They headed up there in the summer with their families, and it's kept going, slowly trickling down through the generations until, here we are. I find it pretty amazing. Last time they went (it's every three years) we were in the Carribean, so we missed out. But we're ready to embrace the fun this year!

So, what are your fun summer plans?

10 comments:

Brittney Harmon said...

OMG! I'm still annoyed that we only stayed for like 5 min cause somebody was being overly difficult... blah! But I guess it was a lot more about the trip than the destination... and that was awesome (I was a little surprised that we made it the whole way in that car)! Lets do it again :o)...

This summer we had plans to go to Mexico (like this week) with the girls, but still haven't gotten Marleigh's birth certificate. We're going to Santa Cruise for "family camp" next week, and hopefully Arizona to visit my family sometime in September. Not the most action packed summer, but I really like being up here in the mountains, where the days are beautiful, anyways.

cara lou said...

Norway!

Well...I guess it's not until Sept...but still!

P.S. Adi looks like YOU in that picture! Love it.

Ruth said...

Yay for Mammoth!! I can't wait!! And I wish we were coming with you to AZ, can't wait to see your pictures and hear all about it.

Other than Mammoth, we have our Norway trip (yeah!!!!), and that's it for this year. It will be my first time in Europe. About time!!

Brittany Mae said...

Oh my goodness all of this traveling is amazing! Other then Haiti I'm going to Colorado(or at least 99% sure..)

We need to take a trip together! Maybe san fran in october?!

Fauf said...

There's Vegas too, but all I can really think about is ROME! haha

Carrie said...

California was our 'big' vacation, but here in state we have plans to go to a cottage up north with friends, and most likely do some camping in July before baby comes.

Kevin and Keri Sheckler said...

Well, I was able to travel to Israel last month. Amazing! And finally, the fam will be heading to SoCal for a few days in July.

Kirstin said...

Summer plans: pass boards (I think that I will scream my head off when I see that I finally have my license), moving to Los Angeles (for my grown up job--YAY!), Mammoth (and horses, of course!), and hopefully a roadtrip! There are also weddings, concerts, and a new Harry Potter movie to see this summer!

Donna said...

Twin Lakes in August

Coltrane said...

I am excited about the Grand Canyon. Hopefully I will be able to get some good shots with the new wide angle lens. :) Mammoth and Yosemite will be so fun, and the trip to visit your mom and places even further north will be a new adventure...at least for Adelaide and I. You have explored nor cal more than we have, but don't you worry, we will have plenty of exploring time to come. Love you baby. your jonny