Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Raindrops on roses...

Hi everyone! Did you miss me? I'm glad to return to the world of blogging. Apparently, I took a bit of a sabbatical, but I'm back. For today at least. And really, today is an excellent day. Why you ask?

Because this book just came out. Woo hoo! It's the sequel to Hunger Games, which I just read last week after Brittany highly recommended it. I am now totally obsessed. This is such a great series. So, if you haven't read it, do yourself a favor and pick up a copy today. (End public service announcement.)

Other things I'm loving lately? This paper.
Darn you Martha Stewart for having so much lovely stuff I'd like to purchase. Honestly, bandana paper? That just makes me giddy.

I'm newly obsessed with this blog, the Old Red Barn Co. She's delightful, and she has this wonderful Quilt-A-Long that is so great and helpful I am now fully inspired and plan to make a quilt. It's wonderful and completly user friendly. The quilt I'm going to make? This one. From the ever excellent Posie Gets Cozy blog. What is it with all these wonderful crafty women inspiring the world at large? Someone buy them a Starbucks, honestly, they're too great.

And last buy certainly not least, an ever present favorite: Fall. Autumn. Not Summer. September 1st it is, and although there's no Fall Equinox, let's just face it...it's here. There are Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks and they're selling Christmas stuff in stores. Ahhh, I love it. Now for some cooler weather, and we'll be right as rain.

And in other wonderful-ness, the Doodle is now rolling and sitting up and happens to be a super fun and happy baby. I feel so lucky that I'm her mama and get to hang out with her everyday. She's seriously the best.

I love those two.

So, what are you loving these days?

10 comments:

Brittney Harmon said...

she's you all over... I love her and I've never even met her! I'm loving Ice Cream... made about a zillion different kids mmmmmm... Still loving all the summer warmness, but wish I had an ocean to share it with! Love seeing your projects... you rock!

Brittney Harmon said...

different kinds... haha feels like I have a million different kids... sorry about the slip

Morgan Jane said...

Ha ha, I didn't even notice that Britt. But I bet two kids can feel like a million at times, eh?

Keith said...

Morgan Jane! Glad you're plugging away at the blog again; I feel like I'm finally beginning to do the same. As for what I'm loving recently: Hemingway, the ocean, camping. Not in that order. Haha! Really, I need to buckle down and finish a freaking novel.

P.S. your Doodle is adorable!

Coltrane said...

Well I feel so honored to make the list of things you love. Thank you baby for including me. :) The doodle is growing up so fast. She is just the most precious little girl ever. Also I think you should make something fun with that bandanna paper. I know you can come up with something creative and fun to do with it. I love you so much. :)

Carrie said...

Yay, you posted!!! I just LOVE that picture of Jon and Adelaide. So adorable!!

I'm loving the anticipation of meeting Small Child soon, that the weather is turning fall-like, and all the fun baby things I keep on getting!! :)

Brittany Mae said...

Oh man I'm so happy about the
book! And about fall being here.. I just want more fall like weather, what's up with the hot weather we are having?!

Anonymous said...

I love favorite things, and a few of yours as well.

Fauf

Anonymous said...

I love reading this blog with your voice narrating it: it makes me smile. You know we love Autumn.

Lori Dusi said...

Hey Morgan! Wanted to let you know I love reading your blog and seeing all the adorable pics of baby! She sure has grown up fast. I totally relate to things you say. You recently commented on a blog you're in love with and I wanted to share thepioneerwoman.com with you. Maybe you've seen it before but I remember you saying you would love to live on a farm. This is a ranch which has always spoken to me for some reason since I have absolutely no ranching experience/skills, but it speaks to me. Anyways, maybe you will enjoy the blog as much as I do. So nice to hear about all of your happy days; you're one lucky & inspiring girl, and happy to call you family. Take care. Love, Lori