Monday, December 15, 2008

Cocoa, quilts, and a bit of rain.

I love winter. I love cuddling up in front of the fireplace with a cup of cocoa, covered in quilts while a snow storms blows outside creating a wonderland. Granted, I don't have a fireplace, and there's certainly no snowstorm...heck, not even snow. So for now, the rain will have to substitute for the snow (at least we finally have rain!), quilts, and that cup of hot cocoa. Or maybe, a Starbucks Gingersnap Latte. Oh my.

Well, this was going to be a fun Christmas post with lots of pictures of all we've been up to, but our computer that has all the photos is wigging out, so you'll just have to do without. But it'll still be fun.

Jon and I did our Christmas tonight and it was so fun! We just got small gifts, so I got him a couple Jeremy Camp CD's, and he got me some Starbucks mugs I've been wanting, a gift card to there as well, and "The Tales of Beetle the Bard", hooray! After that we read through all the things in our Thankful Jar. It was wonderful! We had so much fun reading through them and seeing all the things God's blessed us with. And it was fun to see when ours coincided. It's DEFINITELY going to be a Christmas tradition...and will perhaps resurface outside of the holiday season.

So, now it's time for some holiday knitting and a bit of relaxing. And perhaps that cup of hot cocoa. So, you guys all ready for Christmas?

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Tom and I are doing the Thankful jar too!! We will read them together Christmas morning. Every night we put something in the jar. I'm excited to read them together! Thanks for suggesting such a great idea and tradition. :) Am I ready for Christmas? Um no, but I am ready for my parents, Carl, and Kelee to be here!!!

Ruth said...

That sounds lovely, Morgan! I have a cold (again) so instead of cocoa I will be enjoying a hot cup of tea tonight. =)

The rain and cold has been SO nice!

Brittney Harmon said...

it's COLD here!!! but we do have a nice blanket of snow on the ground (although I think it may be ice now). Hot chocolate and fire and some crocheting (sense the whole knitting thing is far too structured for my free spirit... haha) sounds really nice... that might be my plan for the day.

You're not by any chance heading our way in the next few weeks, are you??? We'd love to see you!!